Dear Prime Minister
I write to bring to your attention some alarming concerns spanning 30 years about the nature of NGO’s and regional organizations in Fiji and the Pacific. What we, your loyal citizens on the ground see is a masquarade of scientists and administrators scurring about the country and pacific with mind blowing experiements and projects that is supposed to save the islands from doom!
To this day these organizations have not liberated the common people from poverty. In fact they play the game so well it will take 100 years of their assistance for achieve a situation where 80 % persons over the age of 21 will have employment, affordable food and affordable home…… just like NZ, AUST, US and other 1st world countries. In fact the over the years these smart arses, scientists and administrators have taken for granted a lasting business model – a model built to survive like leaches on 1st world grants – and pacific islanders as pawns. In fact to preserve lucrative juicy jobs for losers who can get a job in the real world.
By colluding, we the common people, see these organizations – large and small, as symbols of pure greed backed by Australia, New Zealand other 1st world nations. I also know that some are genuine NGOS….they actually work for the people…but definitely not the others
SOPAC, FORUM SECRETARIAT, THE SOUTH PACIFIC COMMUNITY, UNDP, UN whatever.., ILO, IMF, ADB Fiji Womens Crisis Center, Lawyers ETC…. to name a few. They are here to promote development, fairness, sustainability, equal human rights, eradicate poverty, AIDS and protecting the environment BUT…….with all your money and wisdom please explain these few anomalies that stuck out like a sore thumb…for 30 years.
1) Victoria Parade has poor beggars and shoe shine boys standing there daily for the past 10 years? You cant fix this…I think Frank can.
2) Expired Land Leases ……Nope all your AID for the past 20 years have not assisted Fiji fix this. So simple advetise for reputable property consultants from US Australia or NZ like UTS of sydney or API or MAI(US), or Jone Lang Lasalle, pay them a decent fee and presto! a report in 6 months and this problem solved…so simple yet we’re waiting 30 years later.We know Frank will sort this out now…
3) Squatters – A social & economic problem so simple to fix yet you and our past governments created this and then sent in more scientist, studies, research more studies more grant….seminars but the problem has doubled /worsened….We all live in settlements, our parents did and now our children will..Nope No Solutions Yet…But Frank Bainimarama will fix this because it s so simple….Ma
4) Affordable housing ……Not Interested in this problems but you demand $3,000 plus home for your stupid staff in Suva any time.
Singapore has a brilliant housing policy…..which the PM can look into and adopt… Maybe sack the whole Housing Authority Board and Management and hire specialist for Australia and New Zealand. After all the population is less than 1 million and maybe the size of a small city in Aust or New.
5) Food – By the assistance of NGO and regional organizations we are seeing canned coconut milk from Thailand and Indonesia on our shop shelf; Corned beef made in PNG in MH Supermarkets, Tin Tuna brands made all over the world – some quite horrible sold in our shops; $500m worth of imported lamb / meat…. and with $15 a day budget the above plus rice is cassava or roti is the only affordable meal…..you think your scientists can fix this…..i know ….we need more research grants more expats scientists consultants to fix in another 20 years…..Frank will sort this out.. Hari punja is leading the research in this field.
6) Farming – our only hope – killed by NGO’s And Other… Dear Frank we think JICA has all the answers for all our ancient farming systems…from technology, systems, machines, crops and animals to markets.
“PLEASE FRANK BAINIMARAMA, DO NOT CONSULT THE NGO”s FOR THIS BECAUSE THEY CONSPIRE TO KILL AGRICULTURE TO INCREASE FOOD COSTS TO INCREASE POVERTY, INCREASE SOCIAL & HEALTH PROBLEMS EVENTUALLY WE WILL NEED THEM AND THEY WILL WRITE MORE PROPOSALS FOR FUNDS FOR RESEARCH, TO KEEP THEM ALIVE.”
Any way i just thought i’d share some thoughts on those who stuff the common people so bad……..i cant wait to see retribution…
P.s Mr PM, we hope you can fix our problems on behalf of common people.
We The Common People